My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chocolate Almond Milk Spelt Pancakes


Ever have one of those mornings where you really want to make something good for breakfast, but realize you lack most of the ingredients?

Yeah, that was me this morning. I got up early only to remember we were out of milk, eggs, soy milk, and all veggies except carrots and cabbage. Darn! We've just been so busy lately (psst…we're moving; more on that later) that grocery shopping fell to the bottom of the list.

Luckily, this is exactly the kind of challenge I love: cooking with what you have. Plus, I've cooked enough vegan breakfasts to know that milk and eggs aren't entirely necessary. I started rummaging through the fridge and our cupboards and came up with these:


Voila - Chocolate Almond Milk Spelt Pancakes! I used a variation of Vegan Yum Yum's Easy Breakfast Pancakes (from her cookbook) and really enjoyed the end result. If only I had chocolate chips...

1 comment:

  1. Send me an email and give me the update! I want to know when/where you guys are moving to!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...