My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Thursday, September 1, 2011

New: Grape Chia Kombucha

I'm a HUGE fan of kombucha, especially GT's Synergy brand. I've been following along on Facebook and keep hearing about their latest product, a chia kombucha. As you know, I love chia and have made several things using chia seeds, so I really wanted to try it.


Luckily, chia kombucha has recently made its way to Minnesota and I picked up a bottle to try. After pondering the flavor and texture, I'm still not sure if I like it or not. I really really missed the grape flavor (it was my favorite flavor back before it was pulled from the shelves), so I love that grape is being offered again, but the slightly gelatinous texture confuses my brain a little.

Have you tried the new chia kombuchas? What did you think?

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, Crystal. I still haven't tried kombucha, (I find the smell pretty off-putting,) and adding a gelatinous texture to that already odd concept? Hm.

    You are braver than I! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can i buy this drink? It's a new product for me and want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOOVE love love the Chia Kombucha. To me, this stuff combines all of the deliciousness of Kombucha with a healthy version of what reminds me of micro-bubble tea. I can't wait to get some more of this stuff! -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stuff is their best yet! I actually love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just trying it for the first time right now. WEIRD! Not bad, just very strange. Not nearly as refreshing as gingerade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grape Chia and Cherry Chia are very delightful, like a gelatin drink, smooth texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! The chia's my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tried it yesterday for the first time, and once i got over the surprise of the distinct thickness and jelly seeds, i was in love! raspberry chia kombucha is now my favorite :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just tried the Cherry Chia this weekend and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, really tasty stuff here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...