My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, August 22, 2011

Cauliflower, Cauliflower, Cauliflower

Wow, what a fun weekend! I started Saturday morning bright and early to be a guest on the Fresh and Local Show. It's my third year doing the show and I love it more and more every time. It's crazy how fast an hour can pass when you're having fun with hosts like Susan Berkson and Bonnie Dehn.

Me and Bonnie Dehn of Dehn's Garden
They already have the audio posted on their website, broken up into 4 parts. I'm in the 3rd section, but feel free to listen to all segments for fun facts about cauliflower.

Sunday morning was another early one as we drove to the Minneapolis Farmers Market where I was doing a cooking demonstration on cauliflower, the market's featured ingredient this week.

Prepping for Cauliflower & Potato Curry

I demonstrated two dishes: Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette & Cauliflower and Potato Curry. Both recipes will be listed on the farmers market website and I'll put one on Bite of Minnesota (on Tuesday), so click over tomorrow for delicious dinner ideas.


I also showed some uses for spicy pickled cauliflower that, one of which I plan on using at my next dinner club :) 

Be sure to listen to the Fresh and Local Show each Saturday at 8-9am on AM950 and then head over to the Minneapolis Farmers Market for a Market Talk cooking demo at 10:30am (both Saturday and Sunday). There are some great people coming up including my friend and fellow blogger, Bill Roehl of Lazy Lightning and Shaina Olmanson from Food for My Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...