My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, June 6, 2011

Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Pizza

Last time I made caramelized onion pizza, I loved the sweet flavor it gave to the normally savory pizza, but it was missing a little bite. Thinking blue cheese is the answer, I decided to try it out using Nu World cheese from the U of M dairy salesroom. Nu World can best be described as a white blue cheese as it lacks the signature blue vein, but still tastes just like blue cheese.

First, I caramelized a whole mess of onions.


Then I topped a homemade pizza crust with the caramelized onions and Nu World cheese crumbles. After baking, we couldn't wait to dig in.


As expected, the pizza was delicious and we had to hold ourselves back a little because we had to save room for a second pizza. Yep, we made two. The second one used U of M feta, mozzarella, artichokes, red onions, and black garlic.


Mmm…pizza...

6 comments:

  1. I have really wanted to make pizza lately but there is no way I'm turning on my oven in this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza is the best! I don't think my new oven is large enough to accommodate my baking stone, though . . . what will I do??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds sooooo good! Caramelized onions are quite possibly my favorite thing ever, especially on pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really can't beat caramelized onions on pizza... let alone pairing them with that deliciously, funky, salty blue cheese flavor. Nice call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even after putting away an entire Spinaci at Pizza Nea today, this still looks good!!! I had no idea you could buy cheese from the U - where is the salesroom?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh! It seems delicious. I learnt this recipe several years ago and I do it in my home, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...