My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cooking Club: Grilled

It's been a busy week filled with new things and I couldn't resist adding one more activity: cooking club. Yep, I joined a cooking club! It is something I've been wanting to do for quite some time, so when my friend, Steph, asked me if I was interested in joining, I had to say yes.
We had our first meeting/dinner on Saturday and it was a success! Our whole goal is to cook with friends and try new recipes in a casual environment. Once we choose a name, we'll start a blog for recipe sharing, so I'll let you know when that is set up.

Until then, check out our first dinner:

The spread
Karen's Corn, Pepper, Avocado Salad
Greg's Cheesy Breadsticks
Greg's Grilled Brussels Sprouts
My Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes
Randi's Bread Salad
Greg's Ginger Peanut Noodles
Dave's Amazing Grilled Rosemary Flatbread
Steph's Bloody Mary Flank Steak
Greg's Chocolate Pudding Cake with Mint Chip Ice Cream
I think we all did well for our first cooking club!

10 comments:

  1. Grilled Brussels sprouts and bloody mary flank steak FTW.

    Any recipes they're willing to share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to start a cooking club and was wondering how you have yours set up. Do you bring the dishes already cooked or do you all cook together? Any insight you have would be much appreciated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting! It was a great kick off to whatever we are going to call ourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! looks yummy....... i wish i had a group of cooking club sharing recipes. its sounds fun and relaxing. nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My neighbors (one of whom is actually named Greg!) LOVE their cooking club! I hope you guys have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You did it. We'll have to compare notes on Monday. The spread looks great. Are you going the theme route?

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! i need to make something a little more picture pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a smashing success! I'm looking forward to hosting the next club gathering. Thanks for posting this, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bill - our plan is to share our recipes on a site...we just need to pick a name first.

    Cakes - Great questions! I'll write an intro post on our new site and cover these points.

    Steph - Yes, we need a name!

    Jen - Yep, we finally did it. We're going the theme route, but we're flexible enough to switch it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...