My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spoon - Apple Valley

When I saw that a new restaurant had opened in Apple Valley, I got a bit geeked out. I came across a takeout menu in a store and started highlighting all the things we'd likely eat, a habit of mine when it comes to new restaurants. I was so excited that I decided we had to try it that night.

Spoon, a Vietnamese restaurant, is a great fit for our takeout needs. The first time we ordered from there, we were awed by the Lemongrass Tofu. The tofu had a nice texture and the lemongrass sauce was refreshingly fragrant. I only wish I had taken a picture!


I also ordered taro bubble tea, which was made to order. I have a feeling I might be stopping for dessert more often.


The second time ordering from Spoon proved to be a tad less awesome. We tried an order of orange chicken and while good, the accompanying vegetables looked a little drab.
  

The tofu lo mein was insanely greasy. You can't see it in this picture, but there was a puddle of grease under the noodles. Bummer!

Two slightly underwhelming dishes isn't enough to make me swear off the place. I'm still eager to go back and get more melt-in-your-mouth wontons and try the Singapore Noodles or maybe some dim sum on the weekend.

Spoon Restaurant
14871 Granada Avenue
Apple Valley, MN 55124
(952) 891-2668
*warning, music plays on the site

1 comment:

  1. I live right by there! And I'm vegan so I'm always looking for yummy veggie friendly places in the suburbs! Thanks for letting me know about this place!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...