My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Black Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Since I've been working outside my home office for the last couple months, I've become more aware of how long meals take so I seek out quicker ones that still pack nutrients.


Ever since I first tried this Soy-Lime Tofu recipe from Eating Well , I've wanted to make it again and again. It is quite easy to make ahead of time and store in the fridge for later use. Since I marinated and baked the tofu on the weekend, we were able to throw together a quick salad using spinach, nectarines, dried cherries, and blue cheese crumbles. What made this salad especially awesome was the black cherry balsamic vinaigrette for a fruity and sweet dressing.


I picked up a bottle of black cherry balsamic vinegar from The Olive Grove in Mendota Heights and I just love it. Any flavor would work in this dressing, but black cherry is my flavor of the moment.

Black Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
(makes 1 cup)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

This also works as a side salad for a main dish, just omit the tofu.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Olive Grove!!! I have a bottle of Sweet Peach Balsamic, as well as several others, in my cupboard! Delicious and a great store to visit. Just not when you're hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll remember this next time I need a new salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it looks vey nice and i am sure it tastes very good. I will try to follow this recipe tomorrow, thanks a lot for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...