My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Work Snack: Popcorn

One of the cool things about the company I'm working for right now is that they have a real popcorn maker.


That means no one is going around making stinky microwave popcorn. Instead the hall fills up with the aroma of freshly popped corn which starts the flow of employees to the break room.


At first, I wasn't really sure on the rules and had some questions. Was it only to be popped on certain days? Was there a designated "popcorn captain"?

Luckily, I ran into a couple people who work on the marketing team that gave me the scoop:

Popcorn can be popped any day at any time and while there aren't designated "popcorn captains", there are certain people especially skilled in popcorn making. One must take special care to not burn the kernels or else our nostrils pay the price for the rest of the day.

A good popcorn maker will make at least 3 batches as to not disappoint those who are late to detect the popcorn aroma (likely those furthest from the break room).

A coffee filter is an excellent vessel for carrying the maximum amount of popcorn back to your desk.

Considering my love of popcorn, this is a really nice perk to have at work, especially when a snack is needed in the mid-afternoon.

7 comments:

  1. Omg..... I would KILL for that perk. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My office recently got a popcorn maker, it's one of the tiny ones, but still awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have access to toppings as well? I would be 3000 lbs if I worked there! The smell of popcorn gets me every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see the title "popcorn captain" on a resume sometime. Are you going take a crack at popping some, Crystal? Sounds like a wee bit of pressure to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous! Popcorn is my favorite!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...