My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Sunday, March 6, 2011

New Restaurant - The Herb Box

The Eden Prairie crowd is getting another new eating establishment. First, Smashburger opened and then the more healthful Herb Box set up shop inside the doors of Lifetime Fitness, replacing Zahtar run by David Fhima.

I ate at The Herb Box last week and here are three things I liked:



I love mac & cheese and this smoked gouda mac & cheese had all the right elements of creamy and crunchy using toasted breadcrumbs scattered over the top for good contrast.


Red velvet pancakes with whipped mascarpone crème and gran marnier syrup won me over, but as a dessert since I’m not a fan of sweets for breakfast. They were light and fluffy and the fresh fruit, crème and syrup made them especially unique.


The Herb Box uses refreshing citrus flavors in a lot of the menu items, so it is no surprise that the apple and frisee slaw would be dressed with orange vinaigrette.

Open for brunch on weekends along with lunch and dinner every day. The Herb Box is too far from my house to visit on a regular basis, but those who frequent the Eden Prairie Lifetime Fitness are quite lucky to have easy access to it throughout the day.

Disclosure: I attended a blogger event at The Herb Box where they hosted a complimentary menu tasting.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...