My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Competition Pizza Bites

So, I got schooled. Yep, my own husband outshined me in the art of making pizza bites, making his so dang good that I shouldn't ever try making them myself again. Sure, I made the dough, bought all the ingredients, and gave him the recipe, but still, he executed it so surprisingly well that I may have to rethink my role as pizza captain in our household.

Again, we used the recipe from Chaos in the Kitchen, but made our own dough with the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day method and stuffed the dough with little pearl mozzarella balls.

Let's check out the photo evidence of his great job.

His Pizza Bites - nice and golden and even in size.

My Pizza Bites - browned in spots and unevenly fit into the pan.

His with a nice crispy crust with gooey cheese inside.

Mine - a bit flat.

Mine were good, but a bit doughy and dense. His were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with a pocket full of steamy melted cheese, just how pizza should be: crisp, hot and cheesy. I'll leave Ryan in charge in the future and use cake pans instead of pie plates.

2 comments:

  1. These look yummy, I could see my kids going for them. Which ABin5 recipe did you use, the pizza dough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - I used the boule recipe - just the basic one on the first page of recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...