My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tofu Florentine

Can you believe this warm-up we're experiencing here in the Twin Cities? I ran some errands today wearing just the fleece inside of my winter coat - heck yeah! I know it's something that won't last, I mean, come on, we live in Minnesota, but, days like this give us some hope for spring.

On the home front, I prepped some food and planned out meals for next week. Since I recently started a short-term contract back in the corporate world, I found that I'll have to use my weekends wisely by squeezing in as much prep as possible. I made sun-dried tomato hummus, dough from Artisan Bread in 5, and cut up a bunch of veggies for snacks. I also tested recipes for a friend's cookbook, so I have some baked goods for breakfast and/or lunch.


One of my favorite meals to make when I have some extra time has to be Tofu Florentine from Veganomican. There are so many steps: press and broil tofu, boil and fry potatoes, steam spinach & whisk together cheesy sauce, but I think I have the process down so I can move quickly through the steps. It takes up a lot of pots and pans, but this dish is so worth it! If you like to cook vegan and don't have this cookbook, run out and get it now.


From the "diner fries" to the steamed spinach, every bite is delicious. I might have to start making a double batch of cheesy sauce (loaded with nutritional yeast) since I smother everything with it. Yum!

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Artisan bread in 5 - tell me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is great - local MN authors. Basically you prep a big batch of bread dough and then bake it off when needed. Keeps in the fridge for a good 2 weeks, so it's perfect for pizza dough, french bread, pitas, etc. whenever needed. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks absolutely amazing! I may need to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks super delicious - it is definitely going on my dinner list for the near future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...