My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pizza Bites

I’ve posted about pizza numerous times, but that’s only because it is one of my favorite foods. If it didn’t make such an impact on my waistline, I’d eat pizza every single day. So, it’s no surprise that I am attracted to all forms of pizza; most recently pizza bites from the blog Chaos in the Kitchen.


These were really easy to make because I had a pound of Artisan Bread’s European peasant loaf (mix of whole wheat, rye and white flours) in the fridge. Next time I’d use white pizza dough to improve the flavor, but this dough worked well in a pinch.


I stuffed my bites with sautéed peppers and onions along with mozzarella (be sure to use the cubes – much easier to work with compared to shredded) and dipped them in a pre-made spaghetti sauce. They were so good that we ate almost the whole pan!

Since I’m still tweaking my recipe, hop on over to Chaos in the Kitchen for her recipe and enjoy this fun food as an appetizer or for dinner. I'm excited to make this with my nephews next time they visit.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so I would totally eat pizza every single day if I could, too!

    Or maybe it's just cheese . . . I have been eating WAY too much cheese lately. Maybe it's time to take a 1-week break from cheese? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Catherine - you and I together eat a boatload of pizza. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza bites?!? I like pizza anything... and I'm with you two, I'd eat it every day if I could! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yummy!!! And CONGRATS on the Betty Crocker magazine... you are famous!!! (well, MORE famous!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...