My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I’ve been enjoying a nice vacation for the past week and even had my computer turned OFF most of the time (which, judging by the heat level of my laptop, I don’t do often enough). Our Christmas was enjoyable, but a little off kilter due to a few family members being sick and not able to join us. Everything went by so quickly that I’m enjoying this much needed time off. Ryan also took a few days off, so we’ve been watching movies, playing Donkey Kong Country Returns (awesome game – get it!), and not really cooking at all (weird, I know).

As per usual, New Year’s Day will be spent listening to the Top 89 songs of 2010 on The Current. I turn on the radio starting at 10:00am and don’t turn it off until the #1 song has been played. Listeners pick their top 10 songs and here are mine in no particular order along with You Tube links for the songs.

The Chemical Brothers | Another World (Further)
Atmosphere | The Best Day (To All My Friends...: The Atmosphere EPs)
Vampire Weekend | Cousins (Contra)
Sleigh Bells | Crown On The Ground (Treats)
LCD Soundsystem | Dance Yrself Clean (This Is Happening)
The Dead Weather | Die By The Drop (Sea of Cowards)
Florence And The Machine | Dog Days Are Over (Lungs)
Phoenix | Lasso (Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix)
Solid Gold | One In A Million (Synchronize)
Malachai | Snowflake (Ugly Side Of Love)

It was really tough to pick only 10 songs, but I think this is a good representation of what songs really speak to me and get me moving. 

Happy New Year!

*Every year the countdown has been a New Year’s Day treat. This year, The Current decided to play the countdown starting at 5pm on New Year’s Eve and REPLAY it on New Year’s Day. I’m still a bit irked about this change in tradition, so I’m ignoring the NYE countdown and pretending it only exists on New Year’s Day :) 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Enjoy the countdown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the playlist, Crystal, will have to put this together for the gym. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...