My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, November 29, 2010

A Thanksgiving Treat

I hope you had a great weekend! We did our first Thanksgiving meal with Ryan’s family and our second meal at my family’s house. Lots of food all around and I brought Candied Sweet Potato Casserole.


Sweet potato casserole is not something I grew up with and in fact, I don’t think I had a sweet potato until I was an adult. Three years ago I brought this dish to Thanksgiving and everyone seemed to like it, so I brought it again this year.


I baked both pans the night before until the sweet potatoes were slightly tender so I wouldn’t use up much oven time/space at the host houses. On Thanksgiving day, I warmed the potatoes up for about 10 minutes in the oven before adding the marshmallow topping and baking until browned (about 10 more minutes). I’m so glad I discovered this recipe to serve as a Thanksgiving treat.

Do you have a dish that you like to bring to holiday gatherings?

3 comments:

  1. For some reason, I always seem to bring a green salad to family gatherings/parties. It's gotten so my salads are requested! I guess I must make good dressing or something?

    Your sweet potatoes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This needs to come to Friendsgiving this year. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really now? Perhaps I should bring it to Friendsgiving! However, I feel like someone needs to blowtorch the marshmallows as browning it in the oven just wouldn't be dramatic enough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...