My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, November 15, 2010

Now Open: Peace Coffee Shop

Woo hoo! I visited the new Peace Coffee Shop and it is so cool! I may be a bit biased because I happen to love Peace Coffee both for their amazing coffee and for their local involvement, so it comes as no surprise that I'm excited about the coffee shop.


Last week after the Free Arts Art Heals breakfast, I was running a bunch of errands that put me in the Longfellow neighborhood. As I was driving down Minnehaha, ready to head home, it struck me that the new Peace Coffee Shop was only a few blocks away and it was open!


I entered the coffee shop with a big grin on my face and was greeted with an equally big grin from coffee shop manager, Monika.


I already had my coffee for the day (darn!) and ate lunch (double darn!), but wanted a reason to linger and absorb the atmosphere, so I went for the soup of the day, African Peanut Soup and grabbed a seat.

Flavorful and warming African Peanut Soup.
After spotting CEO and Queen Bean, Lee Wallace, in the Brew Lab, we chatted for a bit about the new coffee shop and what the public can expect:

Be prepared for a great cup of coffee, however you like it.


Experienced baristas can pour a simple cup of coffee, make special recipe mochas and chai, or deliver the perfect pour over and French press.

Get ready to learn.


Peace Coffee wants you to learn how to do it yourself. Not only will a Brew Lab host trainings and workshops for the general public, but baristas are ready to share tips and tricks while preparing your coffee. Brew Lab events will be posted on the website as they are scheduled.

Local partnerships are oh-so-important.


Soups are brought in daily from The Wedge Co-op and chewy bagels come from Common Roots Cafe. I wouldn’t be surprised if more local partnerships crop up as Peace Coffee has a strong network to tap into.

While there are still some final touches to be done to the shop, like finishing the tile, inserting some tables, etc., I really like what I see so far and can’t wait to stop by again for the grand opening (TBA) to see the final product. Next time I’ll bring Ryan, my fellow Peace Coffee addict.

Peace Coffee Shop
3262 Minnehaha Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55406

612.877.7760
http://www.peacecoffeeshop.com/

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know it's open! Theo and I are addicts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm so jealous! We have to make a time to meet up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this blog before with the mpls shoutouts and great recipes; but now even more because of the support of Free Arts! This year's ArtHeals! breakfast was fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...