My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, November 22, 2010

Dinner Menus - Now in Chalk!

It’s pretty well known amongst my friends and family that I’d love to move closer to Minneapolis and get the heck out of the ‘burbs. While it may be a great time to buy, it’s also a horrible time to sell, so we’ll stay put for a little while longer. Instead, we’ve decided to rearrange our house and give it a good refresh.


I’ve always wanted a chalkboard in the kitchen and now I finally have it! Ryan painted this on a wall that goes from the kitchen to the living room. I’m hoping this will help answer the “what’s for dinner” question that Ryan always asks. Now I can simply point to the chalkboard instead of searching for my paper lists.

Ryan, the handyman in our house.
I hope to keep it updated (unlike the graph paper calendar I created that never progressed past October 2009).  So, I might should take pictures and post it periodically to keep myself accountable.

7 comments:

  1. We love a chalk board in the dining room!! When I moved to MN Kristin gave me a large silver framed chalkboard from their coffee shop. We are totally obsessed with chalkboards..thought I'd share our story: http://lovefeasttable.com/blog/our-obsession-with-chalkboards/
    ~Chris Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like 4 options for dinner or is that a list of everything for the week? Good Job Ry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a chalkboard in my kitchen...LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, 4 options for dinner, but 2 have already been checked off the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chalkboard wall. We've often talked about doing one and just don't have a good spot. Plus, the kids would totally erase all my menu ideas. Glad you have one, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...