My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Friday, October 22, 2010

Salted Pumpkin Seed Trio

I hope you are all had a chance to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte by now. I am currently obsessed, so until all my pumpkin puree is gone, I’m going to keep enjoying!

Since I roasted my pumpkin and used the flesh, you’re probably wondering, what about the seeds?!? I love making fun pumpkin seeds and experimenting with flavors. This year’s batch was the best – the seeds were evenly coated in salt and baked up perfectly.


After rinsing and air-drying the pumpkin seeds, I prepared the salt mixtures in three bowls. Using Bacon Salt (given to me by a friend), Smoked Sea Salt and Sel de Cuisine (both from Golden Fig), I stirred a couple pinches with a teaspoon or two of canola oil until the salt dissolved a bit. Dividing the seeds between the three bowls, each batch was tossed until coated and spread on a rimmed cookie sheet to bake at 400° for 10 minutes.

Bacon Salt
Smoked Sea Salt
Sel de Cuisine

Yum! Pumpkin seeds are a great snack and so easy to make. How do you dress up your pumpkin seeds?

3 comments:

  1. We never do anything unusual with our seeds -- just canola oil and sea salt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to use soy sauce - but not too much - it is strong!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...