My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Power of a Flower

It’s amazing how much power a simple flower can have. Not too long ago, I was shopping at Whole Foods and having a bit of a moody day. Nothing in particular was bothering me; it was just an overall woeful feeling.

As I was exiting Whole Foods, an employee stopped me and asked if I’d like a flower. It was a weird flower, one I hadn’t seen before, and truly, it looked to be on its last legs. However, the gesture was so nice that it put a smile on my face. Someone was kind enough to give me a flower just when I needed it most.

I took the flower, put it in some water and set it in my living room.

A day later, I had this:


Funny how a simple flower can change things around.

2 comments:

  1. I really, really love that :) Thanks for the upbeat message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Barb7/19/2010 6:25 PM

    What a beautiful flower - they do make life worth it don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...