My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Blog 4 Cherries

Sometimes I get asked by non-bloggers why I blog. Sure, I don’t get paid for any of my blogging (although I would accept payment if you’re so inclined), but there’s just something about this community of bloggers that makes it so worthwhile.
I love my blogging community!

The energy, the ideas, and the stories are what it’s all about. I get to meet people who I may have never crossed paths with in real life, but now chat on a regular basis because we read each other’s blogs. For example, take my friend, Catherine, aka Food Snob. Our lifestyles are different and chances are we would have never met if it weren’t for blogging. Four years ago, we were just two Minnesota food bloggers talking about vegetarian food and now we’re splitting shares of cherries and peaches.

(Five Pounds of Sour Cherries)

How awesome is that?

You know what else is awesome? Homemade cherry pie (I made my first pie crust!):


…and vanilla ice cream.


So, you can see, blogging is totally worth it. And it tastes good too!

5 comments:

  1. So true! Love the community we've formed through blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I second that! The pie and crust look awesome Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want more pie now! Yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the box of sour cherries? I've been looking all over the city for them! My friend just told me that on Saturday mornings someone is selling them at the St.Paul farmer's market....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie - the cherries are from Apple Jack Orchards in Delano who got them from a farm in Michigan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...