My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, July 12, 2010

Fresh & Local Show Appearance

Over the 4th of July weekend, I was invited to be on the Fresh & Local Show through the Minneapolis Farmers Market on AM950. This was my second time on the air as I did the show last year too (with Bill Roehl from Lazy Lightning & Darryle Powers from Blue Gentian Farm). It always proves to be a great time both on and off air. I just love being on the radio and long to have my own show someday. One can dream, right?

Susan Berkson and Bonnie Dehn host the show and do a fabulous job. They create a comfortable environment and ask great questions. My co-guests were Susan Powers from Rawmazing and grower, Terry Picha. Susan and I were in studio and we had a great time discussing raw foods, farmers market produce, and meal planning.


If you didn’t hear the show live, you can listen to the show here (on the left hand side). It’s divided into four segments, but for some reason the 4th segment isn't up. I’m in the third segment found here

Speaking of radio, does anyone remember 99.5 WLOL? I came across one of my notebooks from when I was younger and found this:


Seriously, what a dork, right? I especially love the part about listening to them unless they suck. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, congrats!! I'm a big believer in going for your dreams!!! I think you can dream and it can happen too....sounds like your on your way!! Oh-and I bought a pillow to sell in the boutique I would have one day, when I was in the 6th grade. It's on a chair at Kristin's house (blogging partner)!!~Chris Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the WLOL note written in a notebook covered in Lifesavers wrapper stickers by any chance? I still have several of those somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - it was mostly covered in Greenpeace stickers because you know, I was going to save the environment and all that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...