My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Five Days of Cooking, Eating & Drinking

What a great weekend! Ryan took an extra day off work so we had a 5 day weekend together and we got a ton of stuff done around the house. No major renovation projects; just going through piles that have existed for way too long and getting our donations for various organizations out of the door.

We also went strawberry picking (on the last day at Lorence’s Berry Farm) and drove across the street to do raspberry picking too. Yum!


I did a whole bunch of cooking projects at home, went hiking with my best friend, and had a picnic with Ryan at Lebanon Hills.

I visited farmers markets, appeared as a guest on the Fresh and Local Show, and enjoyed some bloody Marys at the Herkimer afterwards. All for work, of course :)


On the 4th, we didn’t do much except for grill some shrimp from my cousin, Don, (which were awesome) and drink wine slushies. After talking about it for a couple of weeks, I finally got around to making them! I got the idea from a blogger friend, Liz, from Food Snobbery is my Hobbery and thought it was a perfect use for my newly acquired Cannon River Sogn Blanc and fresh strawberries.


In a blender, combine 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup white wine, 3 cups ice and 2 tablespoons sugar. Blend away and you will soon have an awesome summer drink! Aren’t the glasses in the above picture cool? They were my grandpa’s highball glasses and we love using them for drinks. I have great memories of grandpa and his highball glasses at Christmastime.

Hope your weekend was equally great!

1 comment:

  1. Grandma Barb7/07/2010 11:17 AM

    Sounds so good, especially when it's been so hot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...