My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Did YOU Rock the Garden?

Ah, Rock the Garden, the annual big concert event put on by The Walker Art Center and 89.3 The Current. Ten thousand music lovers all in one spot:


Tickets sold out quickly this year but thanks to Flashlight Minneapolis, I won a pair of tickets and could go – yay!  It was a beautiful day to see Retribution Gospel Choir (out of Duluth), OK Go, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and MGMT. I was most excited to see the last two acts, but was pleasantly surprised with OK Go. Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings brought their A-game while MGMT fizzled a bit on the live stage.  I think I'll stick to listening to them on CD.

See, this isn't a total non-food post as I HAD to get some tacos from the Barrio Truck:


They had a killer veggie taco filled with pinto beans, roasted poblanos, and fresh cheese. Barrio didn’t skimp on the chips and guac either. Four bucks was a steal for their generous portions and the service was great – quick and with a smile. Just what I like!

So, did you Rock the Garden yesterday? What did you think of the music? Did you eat any good food?

1 comment:

  1. I rocked the garden from afar -- we could hear the music from our apartment. :)

    (Kind of like how we go to the Basillica Block Party every year without ever actually going, you know?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...