My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, May 24, 2010

Sundress Saturday

I swear Saturdays can be more exhausting than weekdays. Instead of just working all day and having an evening activity, I (and so many others) cram in as much as we can on the weekend often running from one event to another without taking a breath. And so it begins…

Before co-hosting a bridal shower for my sister-in-law, Rachel, I was supposed to hit up the Fight Childhood Hunger garage sale early Saturday morning, but considering I had a bit of a food crisis (my scones did NOT turn out to my liking), I wasn’t able to make it. Instead, I made an emergency run to Great Harvest Bread Company for cherry coffee cake.

Side note: I swear Great Harvest Bread has saved me several times. I should really write them a thank you letter. Their helpful staff and yummy baked goods are simply wonderful. Thank you for existing!

I only grabbed a couple food shots at the bridal shower; it was a great spread of fresh fruit, homemade granola, organic yogurt, mimosas, and a few baked goods.


The shower went very well and gets me so excited for all the upcoming events!

After the shower, I went to Little Bean Photography in St. Louis Park for some headshots. The owner, Elissa, is part of a group I’m in called Blog Pantry and she offered up free headshots for all of us! I’ll be sure to put it up as a profile pic once I get a copy.

Then, Ryan and I were off to a dinner party at…Robin Asbell’s house! To say I was excited for this would be an understatement. Robin has already published two wonderful cookbooks and is a great role model for someone like me. She has a vegan cookbook coming out in the fall and I have been busy testing recipes for this book (hence the sporadic blog posts). To celebrate and thank the recipe testers, Robin invited us to her home where we toasted with rhubarb bellinis and yummy veggie food.

Mac & cheese with shaved truffles

Marinated mushrooms and fingerling potatoes with sorrel from the garden.

Quinoa tabouli with chickpeas

Wild mushrooms atop walnut bread

Ryan and I had such a great time. We were surrounded by fantastic food and great people who I hope to see again. I’m thrilled for Robin and the new cookbook. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I love it that you got to test recipes for Robin! How fun is that?!? I have her Grains cookbook and credit it fully to instilling a love for grains in my life. Her Mexican Quinoa recipe has been used to convert many suspicious palates to the great flavors of that grain. Her party sure did look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting-it was so great to see you and Ryan and I had a great time. I posted the recipe for the mac and cheese and our group pic at robincooksveg@wordpress.com-proving that even healthy food writers make rich party-food!
    Thanks Kate, love to hear it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...