My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, May 10, 2010

Gorgeous Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day yesterday! With most holidays, Ryan and I usually make the run from my family’s house to his family’s house in an effort to celebrate with both families on the actual holiday. It totally burns us out. This year, we concentrated on one house and guess what – it was wonderful!

After a late night volunteering at the PACER benefit (starring Lyle Lovett – who was actually pretty darn good), we woke up bright and early to make brunch for my mom. Ryan and I intended to go morel mushroom hunting afterwards, but were having such a great time that we couldn’t tear ourselves away. Ryan cleaned and scrubbed my mom’s kitchen while I raked up grass in the yard. My parents have ½ an acre, so there was a lot of grass!


Ryan and I are taking a National Camera DSLR class and needed to get some “homework” done to practice the skills we learned in Level 1. My mom has a gorgeous flower garden, so it was fun testing out the camera settings in the yard.


We were also able to deliver a few bundles of asparagus as we had just picked up 10 pounds from Lorence's Berry Farm. Yum - can't wait to make some at home for dinner tonight before Level 2 of our DSLR class.

Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. 10 pounds of asparagus? WOW. Can't see what you'll make!

    (Are you going to freeze a bunch?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, I mean, "can't wait to see what you'll make."

    Children are distracting. :) (I'm still at work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 lbs - very ambitious! However, for the last 3 weeks, I've been picking up 3 lbs/week from the St Paul farmers market and since the hubby isn't a fan, the majority of it has been for me. All for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...