My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rainbow Smiles

Everytime I open my fridge and see this:


I smile.  I can't decide if my happiness is due to the pretty colors of the cake or the fact that I haven't eaten all of the cake yet.  Either way, it works for me!  I made this for Ryan's birthday last week and got the idea from here, but made it according to the box directions.  The frosting is fresh whipping cream mixed with vanilla pudding.  I had a ton of frosting leftover (probably because I forgot to frost in between the layers).  Even so, it was a hit!

I realize I haven't posted for a week - oops!  I've been tied up with some food related projects (that I hope to talk about soon), Ryan's birthday, and my best friend's wedding festivities.  Also, I've been shopping for a DSLR.  Of course I pored over the decision for months and I think I'm finally ready to buy.  Yay!

4 comments:

  1. So you didn't make it with the website's frosting? I need your frosting recipe then, because just mixing vanilla pudding and whipping cream will surely fail in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that cake is gorgeous! It makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so not a fan of food coloring... But, I must confess that ever since I saw the cake on Omnomicon, I've been in love. It's so friggin' cheerful, I just can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me happy, too! And it's not even in MY fridge. Wait, that probably makes me happier. This way, there's no way I could snarf it all down but still get to appreciate its beauty. Great cake making!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...