My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quick Dinner: Veggie Burgers

I mentioned a few post ago that I was getting a new camera and I did! After being a Canon and Kodak devotee for many years, I made the switch to Nikon. I bought a Nikon D5000 which I figured was a good mid-range camera for my needs. Maybe someday I’ll have a need to buy something much fancier, but for now this will do. I also purchased a really sweet micro lens, but I’m still figuring out how to get pictures to turn out the way I want them to.

Playing with the camera has been fun so far. Here’s my first food related picture of a birthday cupcake:


Not too bad for a first try, huh?

Monday night we had tickets to the Vampire Weekend concert at First Avenue. I wanted to make salmon, but I didn’t want to be “that person” who goes to a club smelling like fish. So, instead, I made something much simpler and less stinky.

French Fries

And veggie pizza burgers with sautéed mushrooms.

As for the concert? It was great! Ryan and I bought the first Vampire Weekend CD on our honeymoon, so their music always brings back memories of driving through the mountains in Washington bopping our heads to the music. It was great to finally see them live.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice work! I'm still getting used to mine and not getting the results I'd expect but I know it's a learning curve.

    Congrats on the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wanted to go to that show so bad! (it was already sold out when we realized they were coming to town!)
    The pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me a long time to figure out DSLRs as I've never taken photography classes (I've got a Nikon too!) but the best way to get better is to take more pictures ;-P Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...