My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Food Finding & Food Giving

Recently I mentioned a few projects that are in the works. One of the projects I was hesitant to talk about because I didn't want to jinx it. Kind of like when I was asked to write for WCCO. While I told my immediately family, I held off on telling the world because I was afraid the opportunity would somehow disappear.

Now that my first story has been published, I’m excited to share my new gig with Twin Cities Food Finds, a magazine that advertises local restaurants while raising funds for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure at the same time! It’s a drool worthy piece of work as it includes glossy photos and sample menus from participating restaurants. Here’s the cover for the 2010 issue (taken at Dakota Jazz Club) which can be purchased online.

So, what do I do for TC Food Finds? I dine out and write stories about each restaurant for the website. I love that it feeds my dining out habit and helps me connect with local restaurants. My first story on Town Talk Diner was published on Wednesday and there will be many more to come. Keep checking back!

In honor of dining out in the Twin Cities, I’ve decided to do a little giveaway.

This time there will be two winners. Each will receive a $10 gift certificate to Crave restaurant (valid at all three locations) & a coupon for complimentary Mumbai Crackers at OM restaurant (in downtown Minneapolis).

To enter:
Leave a comment (with your name) and tell me your favorite restaurant.

To earn additional entries (each activity counts as an entry)*:
  • Become a fan on Facebook
  • Follow me on Twitter
  • Tweet the giveaway on Twitter.
*Let me know if you have earned extra entries by leaving an additional comment for each activity.

Contest ends on Monday, March 29th at 11:59pm CST and winners will be chosen using a random number generator.

Good luck!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome Crystal!!! I have become a big fan of Crave now that they have a location kind of near me at the new location in St. Louis Park. I just had sushi there last week and loved it!

    My favorite restaurant? That's tough, I have a host of favorites. Right now I'm thinking about Redstone... love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your new gig! i can't wait to read your articles on mpls dining (especially b/c we're moving back to mn in a couple months!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley Smith3/25/2010 11:44 AM

    I hesitate to say because seating is limited at my favorite place: Not Just a Cafe, Bayport. The best breakfasts in the metro and an awesome small town cafe feeling. You are always treated well and the food is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may have the coolest job ever! :)
    Favorite restaurant? Ahh, I'll just blurt out Broder's, if I try to think about it too much I'll be here all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the classic Axels in Mendota, not to be confused with Axels Bonfire! 2nd runner up will be Lucky's 13 Pub down the street from Axels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite Restaurant!? That's too hard. I love these all: Cheeky Monkey, Highland Grill, Punch Pizza, Cecil's, Brasa, La Belle Via and hot dogs from Costco!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favortie restaurant? Hmmm.. there are so many in The Twin Cities. I'm going to have to go off the board and call it Melissas in PV, Mexico. I would get in trouble if I named a favorite in the Twin Cities. Do I qualify? Do I qualify? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Favorite" is such a strong word.. don't you think? I wish the Whole Foods salad bar could count! If I had to pick ONE I'd have to say Pho & I in Boston... but for my local Pho fix I go to Quang or Pho Tau Bay :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Entry numero DOS - I am now following you on Twitter!! I'm SperlyTriRunner :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always wanted to try Crave! This would be awesome. Sadly, I don't have a FaceBook account nor am I cool enough to be on Twitter, so I guess my 1 entry will have to be super lucky, lol!

    I don't know...I think maybe Ecopolitan? It is so good!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Crystal! Loved your restaurant write up! I have grown up on fried egg sandwiches. Back in the party days, my favorite midnight snack was a fried egg sandwich on wheat bread, with melted cheddar and sprinkled with tobasco. You can't beat dipping it in ketchup as another option. My favorite restaurant is probably the Cherokee Sirloin Room, but haven't been there in too long. Enjoy Arizona!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...