My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Time For a Party...or Three

There are a few upcoming food events happening next week in the Twin Cities. I’m pretty excited for the opportunity to dress up, eat great food from local restaurants and drink fabulous wine, beer and cocktails.

Kicking everything off is Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine’s Best of the Best Party on Monday evening. I have attended this event the last few years and absolutely love it. This year it is again being held at the Guthrie Theater and I cannot wait to see what the restaurants have in store for us! Last year, I went back repeatedly for Lord Fletcher’s beef tenderloin served on a potato chip and Stella’s oysters.


It looks like they have some great restaurants lined up for this year (OM, Muffuletta & Café Ena to name a few), and it is nice to see a lot new restaurants attending. The party has a great vibe and I always run into people I know. Did I mention the event supports Second Harvest Heartland?

Tickets are still available, so get yours here.

Next up is Macy’s Gourmet Gathering, the kick off for Minnesota Monthly’s Food & Wine Experience. I have never been to this event, but when it was suggested that I go, of course I said yes. Held in Macy’s Downtown, local vendors will be offering food samples, culinary demonstrations, and wine and spirit tasting. I can’t wait to see what the night has to offer!

Rounding out the week is the Minnesota Monthly Food & Wine Experience being held Saturday and Sunday. While I missed last year’s show, I attended in previous years and was overwhelmed by the amount of vendors offering food, beer and wine. I was afraid I wouldn’t get to them all, but eventually made it through. Trust me, if you plan to sample the alcohol at this event, plan on bussing home.


Not only are there plenty of tastings, but culinary demonstrations and book signings are taking place too.  There's also a local chef challenge happening and I plan to catch the final round on Sunday to see who takes home the prize of $5,000.  Any guesses on who will win?

Find out more about all of the week's events here.
I am eager to shoot some video at the events and share it with you. I’m also excited to grab new recipe ideas from the vendors and see what I can cook up in my own kitchen.

I should probably make an extra appointment with my personal trainer to work off all the calories I’ll be consuming...

FTC Disclaimer: I have been provided tickets for all three events mentioned above, but was in no way obligated to write any posts. I have enjoyed these events in the past and encourage you to enjoy them as well by attending.

4 comments:

  1. OOOh. I wish we had the week free. I'd totally make the trek out your way to attend the Food & Wine Experience. Great thinking planning events like this for mid-winter... when we're all "homebound" and attuned to eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to go to the food & wine experience! I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed it in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, party girl, sounds like you have fun in your future. I'll be at Food & Wine on Saturday. Hate to miss the event at Macy's, though. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sorry to have missed it, but have enjoyed your coverage (and Jason DeRusha's and Dara's too). Next year, for sure, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...