My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, December 7, 2009

Bowties with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

Last week was quite crazy, but full of great activities. I tried out a few new restaurants, Barbette, Nami, Tanpopo, and BeWitched Deli, tried the new Surly Smoke beer (awesome!), attended the No Coast Craft Fair, and went to a really cool Taiko Caravan (drum group) performance courtesy of Metro Magazine at the Southern Theater.

This week should be a bit more low-key and I’m looking forward to it. We still have a lot of our winter crop share to use and I get to check in on the Tahitian Vanilla Liqueur this weekend.

While we were not able to cook too much last week, we did squeeze in one of my favorites from Very Vegetarian, Bowtie Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto.



First I make a sun-dried tomato pesto using home dried tomatoes soaked in hot water for 20 minutes. Blend in basil, pine nuts, olive oil, and water until it has a uniform crumbly texture.

Next, sauté a red onion with strips of portobello mushroom and slices of garlic. Toss the veggie mixture with freshly cooked bow-tie pasta, pesto, and a little water to thin it out.

I love this dish. Not only is it great the first time around, but it holds up well for leftovers too.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for meals I can cook quickly and easily have the ingredients stored on hand. So good one!

    Hope you've got your pantry stocked -- looks like quite the storm is about to hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE anything tomatoes! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm. Looks like a great quick meal to me.

    So, tell me about this Surly Smoke Beer...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...