My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Friday, August 7, 2009

Fizzy Adult Lemonade

The rain has let up here in the Twin Cities and we’re going camping! It’s never fun to set up or take down in the rain, so I hope it stays dry for awhile.

We’re not very rustic campers and tend to bring a good amount of luxuries from home. I think we have the food routine pretty much down too in regards to what works and what doesn’t work. This year it’s pretty simple: veggie burgers, yogurt and granola, sandwiches, snacks, and of course alcoholic beverages.

I’m very much looking forward to drinking more of this Vodka Rosemary Lemonade Fizz. I made up another batch just in time for camping using the lemon juice leftover from fruit jello shots. It’s delicious!

What kind of things do you bring camping (if you camp at all)? Any standard dishes?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh that looks amazing! You just made me so thirsty! I don't really go camping often but marshmallows and crackers to make smores are always something I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious!!!! I have to make!
    Not a camper :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see . . . we like muffins, fruit, and hard-boiled eggs for breakfast (no dirty dishes!), and of course, Toddy coffee concentrate comes along. We bring a tiny stove for heating up water.

    We usually do sandwiches for lunch -- either veggie/hummus, PBJ, or I have a great pre-made sandwich recipe for a "pressed picnic sandwich" that we both love. We also do veggies and hummus, coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad, pickles, chips and salsa, veggie burgers, veggie dogs, etc.

    BUT . . . our favorite camping meal is "foil packs" in the coals with tofu, roasting veggies, olive oil, garlic, and seasonings. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I camp at the Holiday Inn and they have room service. Camping is one of those things that so many people do and I just don't know why. I have attempted it many times, but I never have a good time, I feel gross, so why would I subject myself to that? Now I don't. I will have some of that lemonade though. Please?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...