My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Friday, July 10, 2009

Me Want More Mee Kah Teeh

Before I left for Florida, Ryan and I had a fantastic dinner thanks to a fellow Minneapolis blogger, Rhymes with Vegan.

We had been craving some take-out, but wanted to make it at home. This Mee Kah Teeh dish hit the spot. Using Meagan's suggestion to use tofu instead of seitan, we resisted the urge to simply fry the tofu and set it aside for later. We followed the recipe and let the tofu simmer in red curry sauce and soak up all the flavors.

We also got to use our delicious fresh shelled peas from the farmers market. I shelled them while watching Law and Order, great multi-tasking, right? (I know, it’s just an excuse to watch Law and Order, you caught me.)

This dish is also chock full of cilantro and bean sprouts. We reduced the noodle amount by half and it worked for us. Serve it garnished with peanuts and lime family-style:

Or, on individual plates:

Be sure to check out Meagan’s Rhymes with Vegan site. She makes some awesome food over there and even has some instructional videos.
This is a contribution to Food Renegade's Fight Back Fridays.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds SO good.

    Hey, I knit to justify my TV-watching habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I totally want an Asian-y, tofu, noodley dish! Perhaps I'll include pad thai in our meal plan next week, or check out that recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of that!

    P.s. anything is a good excuse to watch Law&Order!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...