My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, June 15, 2009

Swiss Chard Harvest

Check out what I harvested from our container garden this morning:

I am so excited! I got about ten large leaves and left a ton behind for next harvest. The swiss chard looks beautiful and I can’t wait to use it. I bought a rainbow mix from Shady Acres when Ryan and I went herb shopping and divided it between two containers. One gets the morning sun and the other gets the strong afternoon sun, but both are growing strong.

I plan to use the swiss chard in Bean Pebbled Paella and will harvest it again in about a week to make a strudel with sun-dried tomatoes and gruyere. Or maybe it will be the other way around and I’ll make the strudel first…we’ll see!

I’ll be posting information on strawberry farms on Bite of Minnesota tomorrow, so if you’re interested in strawberry picking, be sure to check that out. Although Lorence’s and a couple other farms open today for U-pick, I am going to wait a week because the crop tends to be a bit heartier the second week.

Enjoy the beautiful day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment! I never post on pasta ragazza anymore but i have (almost) weekly updated on imagespetites.blogspot.com with lots of food pics. If you need camera advice when you get to that point let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chard looks great! So impressive that it came from a container garden - I'm looking forward to the paella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for growing your own veg. Wish I had a big enough garden to grow everything I need! Nice blog btw! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...