My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Friday, June 26, 2009

Lavender Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Martinis

You know I couldn’t resist making vodka martinis with my lavender strawberry lemonade! As soon as Taylor from Mac & Cheese mentioned it, I was pulling out my martini shaker and putting a sugar rim on the glasses.


Ryan was on the phone when I presented him with his martini, so I didn’t have a chance to explain the drink. He promptly drank the contents and said, “You should have put some alcohol in this!” Little did he know, it was already spiked with a strong shot of Shakers vodka. Don’t you just love drinks like that?

By the way, Shakers is local vodka made in Princeton, Minnesota with local wheat and rye. We did a taste test a few months back between Skyy, Stoli, Absolut and Shakers. Shakers was by far the smoothest tasting vodka and did not burn our throats while sipping.
I know what you're thinking, who goes around sipping vodka, right? We were bored that night, but now Shakers (American Wheat) is our top choice for vodka. Be sure to try their other varieties: American Rye, Rose, and their seasonal liqueurs - raspberry honey and citrus passion fruit.
Looks like I’m in need of another bottle!

Have a great weekend! Quick shout out to our friends, Brian and Carm, who get married tomorrow. You are such a cute couple and congrats to the beginning of a long and happy life together.

This post is a contribution to Fight Back Fridays.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Now this looks like a beverage I might actually enjoy!

    Thanks for sharing it in today's Fight Back Fridays carnival.

    Cheers,
    KristenM
    (AKA FoodRenegade)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick note to thank you for the comment on my blog! I love yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...