My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, June 1, 2009

Asparagus Stir-Fry with Teriyaki Quinoa

Does anyone else follow Heidi Swanson and 101 Cookbooks? She always has fantastic recipes and I find myself bookmarking a lot of them. My most recent success was the Asparagus Stir-Fry she posted back in April. As long as you do the prep ahead of time, this dish is so quick to throw together. (Isn't that true for most things in life though? Do your prepwork and get your reward.) We paired the stir-fry with Teriyaki Quinoa from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan. It was the perfect pairing - so tasty! I raved so much about this dish that Ryan's mom made it right after we did. I can't wait to have it again!



We've been eating a lot of asparagus lately and I made my second trip down to Lorence's Berry Farm to pick up five more pounds. I had my two-year old nephew tagging along with me for the day and once he saw the John Deere equipment he did not want to leave until he sat in the driver's seat. He was a blast to hang out with and kept me on my toes. I have a couple blisters on my hands from going down the fireman's pole at the park too many times. Ouch!

The people at Lorence's said strawberries are just a couple weeks away. Can you believe it? Time is flying by but I cannot wait to get in the fields and start picking.

8 comments:

  1. That looks so good. I really have to try this. I haven't had asparagus in so long.
    And I can't wait for the fresh strawberries either... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that really does look delicious. We've had strawberries for about a month, and our season is just about over - I'll be sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an amazing stir-fry! I also like the quinoa - I seem to be stuck in a "stir fry must come with rice" rut. And tell me more about the berry farm - I've never been berry picking, but I do buy the Lorence asparagus! How do you set it up? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regina - I posted on your blog too, but here's the info about Lorence's:

    Their strawberry operation is located across the street from the main shed. You can call ahead if you want pre-picked strawberries. Or you can pick your own. Just call ahead of time to make sure all is good. Then head on over and they will give you a row of strawberries to pick. Pick and eat all you want, pay, and be on your way! 507-645-9749 (yes, it's programmed in my phone)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder -- I need to find a farm to go berry picking this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quinoa was excellent with this dish. We should incorporate it into more of our meals.....yum. And I am lovin' the fresh asparagus around our house currently. Hopefully our preservation methods keep the asparagus tasty for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should really get a group together for strawberry picking. We could all meet at my place (since it's on the way for most people). Anyone interested?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the info about the berry farm. That's definitely on my list for summer activities. And I'm down for a strawberry-themed day if you decide to have one. I'm also curious about Just Food Co-op...mmm Northfield Day of Food...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...