My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mmmm...Banana Brownies

Whew, it has been a busy week and I realize I haven’t posted since Monday. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun. This week has been filled with book club, dinners and lunches, happy hours, a conference and wrapping up the busy week was an 80’s rock party. I went as Jem (Jem and the Holograms - anyone, anyone?) and found my entire costume at regular stores. I didn’t need to go to any fancy costume shop or comb the racks of Goodwill. It’s quite crazy how easy it was to find 80’s wear because the 80’s are back baby!

I’ve also been really busy doing something that I don’t usually do, which is making the same thing over and over again. I picked up huge bag of ripe bananas for only 99 cents and became obsessed with tinkering around with the recipe for banana brownie bars. The first time I made it exactly as it was stated in Vegan with a Vengeance. The second time I reduced the sugar and added chocolate chips. The third time I reduced the sugar a bit more, kept the chocolate chips and swirled in the banana topping instead of layering it on top.

These brownies were such a hit and it makes me feel good that they are chock full of bananas. Luckily I had plenty of friends and family to share them with so my waistline didn't feel such a hit.

I plan to pick up another giant bag of bananas next week…any suggestions on what I should do with it?

4 comments:

  1. Do you have Joy of Vegan Baking? There's a banana crumble in there that I've had my eye on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I don't have that one, but I'm sure the library does...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What should you do...I know! I know! Share your tinkered-with recipe with the rest of us so we can make it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you could make more of those delicious brownies! I'll have to try this one.
    I recently made banana biscotti and want to make them again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...