My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

A new year has arrived. Not sure what it has in store for me, but I'm still eager for change. I typically don't make resolutions, but this year I did. Of course one of them is to blog more often. I love food blogs (including my own), but have done a horrible job at updating in the last year. I think I ran out of steam and since I didn't have exclusive access to a computer, I just didn't blog. However, now I have my own little laptop which makes things quite a bit easier.


Of course another resolution is to take better care of myself by eating at home more and working out on a regular basis. It seems that since the wedding, life has been a free-for-all where eating, drinking and going out have taken priority over healthy home cooked meals and working out. Who needs to workout when a happy hour is calling?!? (see, that's exactly the mindset I need to change.)


So to kick off a happy and healthy new year, here is one of my new favorite ways to eat squash along with the fantastic Minnesota staple; wild rice: Roasted Squash Salad from 101 Cookbooks.


Through the winter, we did our first winter crop share from Rock Spring Farm. We received some awesome carnival squash in many of the shares, but wanted to do something different with it instead of just roasting it. Being a big fan of Heidi Swanson's recipes, I decided we had to try this one.

The whole thing was pretty easy to put together (except for peeling that darn carnival squash!) and the sunflower seed dressing is amazing! I plan to use this dressing on many more things in the future. I urge you to try this recipe or at least try the dressing!

Happy New Year and best wishes for 2009!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...