My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Check It Out - NEGATIVE 17 Degrees - Ouch!

I had to post this one right away...check out the temp this morning on my way into work:


Yes, that says NEGATIVE 17 degrees. With windchill, it's NEGATIVE 33 degrees. Seriously! Today I wore my long underwear under my dress pants (sexy, right?); 2 pairs of socks with my snow boots; a tank top, a dress shirt, a sweatshirt, a fleece and my snowboarding jacket. Not to mention the essentials like a scarf, hat, and gloves. I felt like an Eskimo walking into work today, but at least I was warm!


I'll post on some food later - just had to get the word out that it's COLD! I wonder if Catherine over at Food Snob is going to go on many walks today. I know she doesn't have a car, so I'm hoping she doesn't freeze into a Popsicle.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. Well, I did have to walk to work today! (But it's very close.) I also had a chiropractor appointment this morning, and had every intention of walking, but just didn't get out the door on time. :) Bus it was!

    P.S. I wore my long underwear, too! Me and SmartWool are very good friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...