My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Sunday, July 6, 2008

We're Still Cookin'!

Wow, I can't believe we haven't posted since February - time flies by! It's been nice to have a break from blogging. I'm on the computer all day for work, so it's hard to come home and be on the computer even more.

Good news is we're still cookin' and enjoying the summer! The 3rd year of our crop share has started and we are loving the fresh produce and creating recipes from the offerings. I feel like we've grown over the last 2 years and learned more how to manage working with seasonal crops and using everything we get. This year, I tried to have all my recipe options organized so we'd be well prepared when we get every box.


I'll leave you with a picture of our 1st crop share and a salad we made from the offerings...

As you can see, we received a lot of greens - 2 heads of lettuce, mixed greens, spinach, baby Swiss chard, parsley, fennel, green garlic and garlic scapes.


We ate a lot of salads. Here is one with grilled steak, red onions, blue cheese, tomatoes, radishes, and homemade croutons.

3 comments:

  1. HEY! I've been wondering how you guys have been! Glad to see you back posting, and with a beautiful salad, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see ya'll are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there - I just got back to blogging too (after a considerably longer absence...). Your veggies look wonderful and the salad is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...