My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Friday, July 11, 2008

Potluck Potstickers

My 2nd blog post back...that means I'm on a roll, huh?

Thought I'd leave you with some potstickers for the weekend. We have potlucks here at work from time to time and it's always a challenge finding something that doesn't have to stay too cold or too warm since we don't have refrigerators and have to fit everything in a lunchbag cooler.

Last potluck I brought potstickers and served them cold. These are one of my all-time favorite appetizers and besides the prep work, they are pretty easy to make. No one minded them served cold and they were all gone by the end of the day, so I consider that a hit.



I know I got this off of someone's blog a couple years ago, but can't recall who! Here's the recipe:

Potstickers

1 pkg. wonton wrappers
1 cup kale, very thinly sliced
½ cup carrot, shredded
½ cup jicama, shredded
½ c. green onions, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp oil; vegetable, canola, or peanut
1/3 cup water

Combine kale, carrot, jicama, green onions, garlic and sesame oil in a medium sized bowl. Put about 1 teaspoon of mixture onto each wonton wrapper. Wet edges of wrapper and seal. Set on a plate.

Put one tablespoon oil in a pan. Heat it up and add dumplings seam side up. Fry them on medium until bottoms brown, about 5 to 10 minutes. Then add water and cover the pan. Steam the potstickers until water is gone from the pan, about 7 minutes. You will notice the sizzle sound change. You may need to do this in 2-3 batches.

Serve with various dipping sauces. I use a soy sauce, green onion, crushed red pepper mix for our dipping sauces.

Feel free to share any potluck ideas for me in the future...

4 comments:

  1. Oooh . . . I have a big package of wonton wrappers in the freezer. Must make potstickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you posting again! Potstickers are just about irresistable. I love that you put greens in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so good every time we have them. Most recently we substituted radishes for jicama due to a recent supply from our crop share.

    Mmmmmm....and it is nice when you have someone to help seal 'em. Thanks Crystal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crystal, thanks for your note. I was just thinking about your fresh garden produce meals so I am not disapointed to visit and see potstickers, yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...