My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Berry Goodness Muffins

Ryan and I went strawberry picking a few weekends ago (I still need to post on this!) and of course made a ton of strawberry related items.

I wake up much earlier than Ryan on the weekends and more often than not, I'm responsible for making breakfast. I try to hold out until he gets up, but sometimes I'm just too hungry to wait!

One morning I decided to whip together these muffins and figured he could eat them when he woke up. Berry Goodness Muffins are from the Eat, Drink and Be Vegan cookbook.

We used a combo of blueberries and strawberries. I ground my own oat flour using a coffee grinder. It worked out well!

For a muffin with healthy ingredients, it turned out amazingly well! Put a little Earth Balance on there and you're set! We enjoyed taking these for breakfast and snacks.
I'll have to post soon on the other strawberry related items we made. We did make this pie, but ate it too quickly to take a picture :) It is one of those "to die for" pies. Mmmmmm.....

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...these muffins were great! Especially since we had local berries to incorporate :)

    These were a great pre 5K snack that kept my energy up while running. I am so glad you made them and hopefully they make an appearance again in the food rotation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...ground your own oat flour! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Those muffins turned out great. I can never decide if I like blueberries or strawberries better. Using both solves that problem!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...