My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Friday, December 14, 2007

Mmmm...Mmmm...Pizza!

The time has come...Ryan is graduating from college! I am so excited as it's been a long road, but well worth it. I'm throwing a party for him tonight with the help of his mom, so we're making food for 35 people. We decided to go with a pasta bar and an overall Italian theme. I've made the almond cookies and will pick up some gelato tonight. I'll take some pictures and post them for you all.

While Ryan was in school, he kept fueled up with these Energy Orbs from the Students Go Vegan cookbook. These are made with dates and cocoa powder. I rolled some in coconut and some in hemp seeds. They are really a great snack and just kept in the fridge for a pick-me-up.



Pizza has been a helpful meal on study intensive days. Ever since Ryan's mom loaned me the breadmaker, I've been stocked up on pizza doughs. I keep mine in the freezer and just pop them in the fridge in the morning to defrost. We've experimented with various herb crusts, whole-wheat crusts, spicy chili crusts and decided that we like the plain crust the best!

This pizza is half veggie pepperoni and half blue cheese and cherry tomato. Seriously one of my favorites.



So, now that neither of us are college students anymore, is pizza still a valid meal??

4 comments:

  1. Is pizza still a valid meal?? HELL YA! On average, we have pizza once a week. Sometimes it's home made, sometimes frozen, sometimes take-out. It truly is one of my favorite foods. And it CAN be a healthy option. Keep on with the za.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i eat pizza once a week too, and i graduate from college long time ago....

    congrats to Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Ryan! Have a great party, then show us lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooops, I think I just double-posted my comment. Just in case the first one didn't go through, congratulations Ryan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...