My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Crusted Tempeh Cutlets and Green Beans with Citrus Zest

Ryan and I have found our new favorite meal and it is so easy to make! We both really like tempeh, so when I got the Students Go Vegan cookbook, I was eager to try Crusted Tempeh Cutlets. First, you make a marinade and bake the tempeh in it. This step is super easy to do the night before. Then, when you're ready to "crust" the tempeh, you brush it with mustard, coat it in a cornmeal mixture, and cook them in a skillet until browned. These are awesome with barbecue sauce!

Sorry for the container pics, but I had already packaged them up for our lunches
when I remembered to take a picture.



Another easy recipe is the Green Beans with Citrus Zest. This recipe was in Food & Wine by Heidi Swanson. So easy and so yummy! You don't even need to steam these beans separately. I love the slightly different taste that this dish gives the green beans. Be warned that adding hot oil and water does make for a dangerous situation, so have your cover ready!




4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love tempeh too. This looks like an awesome meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look for that cookbook -- tempeh's never been my favorite, and I've only found a few recipes to date that call for it that I actually like! This one looks great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good even in a plastic container. I just love green beans. Citrusy sounds divine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good, even in the containers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...