My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Corn Chowder

Great news on the Lazyman Triathlon front...we finished! Our deadline was Sunday, but we spent about 2 hours in the gym on Saturday running and biking to finish our goals. We would have preferred to finish outside, but considering it's been raining for the last week, we had to stay inside.


We did manage to try the Corn Chowder from Vegan with a Vengeance. It was pretty good, but I felt like I needed a crusty roll with it and there was no crusty bread in sight! We were able to use our immersion blender for this recipe, which came in very handy.


I better get back to work as I just took a quick break to get a posting up. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Lazyman Triathalon!

    I love that Corn Chowder from VWAV. The red peppers really add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!

    I've been eating soup, too, since the past few days have been rainy and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats in the Triathalon!

    the soup looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought that book, and I am looking for recommendations on what to make...will have to try this for sure! Oh, and that reminds me - I need a new immersion blender too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these years, I'll have to try the Lazyman Triathalon . . . although, it has nothing to do with being lazy. It would make me kick up my workout routine. Congratulations . . . I know it feels great to be done!!

    The corn chowder looks very tasty. I think I, too, like Judy, need an immersion blender.

    I Love You -

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am intrigued by the Lazyman Triathalon- congratulations to you for finishing it!

    Oh, how I long for an immersion blender. That soup looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to both of you really! I really need to start exercising more.

    The chowder looks great. That is one recipe I have yet to try from VWAV.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...