My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sunflower Lentil Loaf with Miso Curry Potatoes



This is my absolute favorite loaf. I baked it in a bread pan instead of a pie pan so it would more closely resemble the traditional meatloaf, which I haven't had in years. I loved how it turned out and was fantasic for leftovers. Although we didn't make sandwiches with it this time, it would work well for lunches the next day. This loaf included lentils, sunflower seeds, onions, oats, and celery.


I also threw together some Miso Curry Potatoes. It truly reminded me of the Shake 'n Bake potatoes mixes circa 1999, but so much fresher!

12 comments:

  1. These are 2 of my favourite recipes from Vive, though I don't think I've ever had them together. If you like sweet potatoes, try them with the curry and miso - so good, I might even like it better that way than with white potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potatoes! My Favorite! :) Your dinner looks very yummy!

    Re: The Shish-ka-bobs. I didn't marinade the tofu in BBQ sauce, I just slathered it on while grilling & afterwards. I should have though, for at 30 min. or so, it would have been better. I was in too much of a hurry to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second post I've seen recently with that loaf. I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, yummy! The taters look delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I haven't thought about shake 'n bake for sooo long...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love loaves. I don't make them as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this sounds like a great recipe. Will have to try it. I am a sunflower lover. Please come visit our website at http://www.sunflowerocity.com and share your favorite sunflower recipes. Thanks!

    cristie.kline@sunflowerocity.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loaf yer love! i mean i love yer loaf. Basically, what i'm sayin' is, yer Loaf = a lotta Love comin' from my perspective. So good. Plus the taters. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious.. I have been meaning to try the recipe for a long time..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a lover of the loaf! What a great idea for this. I'll have to try it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jackie Vetter7/02/2007 8:29 PM

    May I ask where one would find this recipe? I am new at this, so need a little guidance.

    Thanks

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...