My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Vegan Cupcakes are Here!

Cupcakes!! I got my Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World cookbook just in time to make cupcakes for Rachel’s (Ryan’s sister) baby shower that I hosted on Saturday. Keeping in tune with myself, I had to make most of the food. The cooking and prep work took me quite awhile on Friday night, but it is something I enjoy and something that is appreciated.

First of all, I made 36 Pistachio Rosewater cupcakes which turned out awesome!


I also made ranch pretzels, goat cheese & sun-dried tomato bruschetta, fruit dip with fresh fruit, and roasted red pepper hummus with veggies. Ryan’s mom made a yummy salad with strawberries, oranges, and cashews, a friend brought a reuben dip, and his aunt brought chicken wings. We had quite the spread and of course I forgot to take a picture!

On Sunday, I couldn’t resist trying some more cupcakes. I tried the Lychee Cupcakes as lychee is one of my favorites! These needed more liquid as the mix was dry, so I added some more lychee syrup. They turned out very muffin-like, but were still great as muffins! I used a coconut glaze to frost and some of the extra buttercream frosting from the rosewater cupcakes as decoration. It is also adorned with dried lychee.

12 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes are gorgeous! And your fruit dip and hummus sound delicious.

    I love the looks of the stewed tofu on the previous post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pistachio Rosewater cupcakes . . . I need to make these because I can still taste how good they were :)

    What is lynchee? The Lynchee cupcakes look fabulous too! Never dull desserts at your house :) Never dull food, for that matter!

    Love You -

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have this cookbook, but I have been watching other bloggers tell of their cupcake heaven tales. This combination of flavors sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cupcakes - perfect for a baby shower. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, cute and sweet cupcakes! Oh, i so want this cookbook! Thanks for sharing your photos here of 'em. You did 'em up so pretty pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cupcakes look awesome.

    I am the same way with cooking when people come over, I always feel like I need to do it all. And it's not really a burden, because I like it, and it's usually appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Vicki, your choice of cupcakes was perfect for a baby shower- they look beautiful! (The lychee ones, too) That shower sounds fabulous, I can just picture the spread of food. I agree with you- I like to keep a certain degree of control over the cooking, but I'm learning to let go- a little!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty cupcakes, what a great work you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time to open your own bakery. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got this cookbook a short while ago. I'm very intigued by the rosewater cupcakes. They look very pretty. Glad the shower was a success and much good food was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know it might be a little late (what's ten years?), but would you host my baby shower? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Come back!! Where are you? Hope you guys are well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...