My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, March 5, 2007

Three-Bean Tomato Curry Soup



Hello again Blogger world from Ryan! I have been absent from posting, but not from eating and cooking. Crystal has been masterminding the recipe selection as usual and had recently picked out Roasted Tomato Bean Stew from Vive le Vegan, which my mom recently made. You may notice the post title is different from the recipe chosen...hmmm what happened?

I had just finished working on some schoolwork and was totally in the mood to make dinner. I gave Crystal the night off from cooking. She mentioned from the living room that the recipe was on the counter along with some of the ingredients.

I looked at the open cookbook, glanced at some of the ingredients Crystal had taken out, and began to make the Three-Bean Curry Tomato Soup on the opposing page. Nice one! I thought it was slightly odd that Crystal took out a couple of differing ingredients than what the recipe called for. Crystal also found it slightly odd that I asked where the cardamom and curry paste were currently being kept. Neither of us had lights going off in our head indicating trouble, so the cook progressed.

This curry soup had celery, onion, carrot, mustard seed, curry paste, ginger, fennel, cardamom, cinnamon, tomatoes, chickpeas, adzuki beans, red lentils, veggie stock, and a little honey.

Anyways, I guess we had the ingredients for both. I really enjoyed this soup and it did not have an overpowering curry taste. Needless to say, in the future, look for a post on Roasted Tomato Bean Stew...;)





10 comments:

  1. Thanks for cooking and posting! Yes, it was quite funny when you served the wild rice on the side of the soup instead of IN the right soup :)

    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My blog service broke and hasn't been fixed so I will now be located here:
    http://harmonia.wordpress.com

    Hope to see you soon!

    Awesome new layout btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious! Soup is such a forgiving thing to make.. and beautiful bowl and pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really good. I love soup. I think I could live on soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...where's the 4th bean??

    ReplyDelete
  6. colorful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your soup looks fantastic. I'm in the process of making my grocery list, so this is definitely a recipe that I'll add to it. And yes, you will also love the Roasted Tomato Bean Stew :) Loved seeing you two on Friday to celebrate your birthday, Ryan!

    Love You,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are my favorite soup bowls. I gave them to Crystal as a gift last year. I found them at Artisan outside of Chicago.

    The bowls were set in the window and drew me right into the store. Look for them in all future soup postings ;)

    Ryan

    P.S. The 4th bean is at the bottom of the bowl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...