My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, March 19, 2007

Roasted Poblano and Butternut Squash Soup

Happy St. Patrick's Day all! We celebrated by taking my nephew to the Children's Museum in the morning and then waiting in the neverending line at Cossetta's for pizza. Since we were in St. Paul for the day, we got to see many interesting costumes and it was very cute when Antonio (who is 3 1/2) would ask if it was their real hair every time he saw a big green fluffy wig.

Speaking of green things, I thought it would be a long time until I roasted a poblano pepper again after roasting 60 of them for our work cooking class. Luckily, I only needed to roast one and it was very simple to handle. I pureed that along with some cooked butternut squash to make this soup.





The soup had the right amount of spice and I garnished it with leeks since we were out of green onions. Perfect for crunch!

8 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to use leeks as a garnish instead of green onions. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That had to be delicious.. hmmm.. I may have to try a soup like this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can't beat sweet & spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is SUCH an attractive soup. Absolutely stunning, if soup can be stunning... And i LOVE the bowl!! GREAT colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been diggin' leeks quite a bit recently

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mm, sounds good. I love squash soups, but I've never tried a spicy one. I might have to now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a big fan of the squash, but if it had some kick, it might just be do-able. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...