My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cooking Class & Welcome!

Welcome to the new format! I've wanted to make some changes for awhile and finally found a template that I like. I still want to make a few other minor changes, but that will take a little while. Let me know what you think of the new template :)

During my last post, I mentioned our work outing and it was a blast!! We went to Cooks of Crocus Hill and did a cooking class with all 40 people on my work team. We split into groups and tackled the following recipes:


Grilled Prawns with Chipotle Rub and Pineapple Salsa

Crab Cakes with Tomatillo Salsa

Bruschetta

We also made the following, but I guess I didn't get a picture:

Smoked Gouda wrapped in Proscuitto
Grilled Chili Rubbed Skirt Steak Fajitas


Here's what my team was responsible for:


Chiles Rellenos with Goat Cheese Cream Sauce

You can't quite tell from the picture, but they are stuffed with a mixture of mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and cream.

Let me tell you that it is crazy cooking for 40 people. Our dish was quite complicated and took a long time to make. The most time consuming was roasting all the peppers, peeling the skin off and de-seeding them.

We all had a blast! One of my co-workers started off the crazy-ness by starting huge fire in the kitchen, which was quickly put out, but exciting nonetheless. There was a bar set up on the side and we were allowed to drink margaritas and mojitos while snacking on chips and guacamole during our cooking sessions. There was also a lot of time for socializing with other teams, which was fun. I really couldn't imagine choosing a better activity!

14 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie! The new template looks great. I am glad you had a great time at your work event. Then we had a great time at Rossi's the next night!

    I love spending time with you Crystal. Thanks for making soup last night. XoXoXoX

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chili rellenos sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new template. Especially the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I never knew that you went to one of those classes that sounds like fun! did it coust alot of money? the food looks good!, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new template is v. pretty! :) I especially like the mauve-y/brown-y with the yellow/gold accents. Good job! Speaking of jobs...

    Are ya'll hiring? I want to work with you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! The class sounds really awesome. Also, I love the new template!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your new look - especially the warm, earthy color. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new template is gorgeous and works so well with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new template it is very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you guys! You're so supportive. I'm loving the new look too...it makes me feel more homey.

    I'd love to hire all of you...

    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE to go to cooking classes at my local markets and I know yours would be a blast. Your site looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the new look...the colors are great!

    :)

    Can't wait to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a blast. And I LOVE the new look. Very niiiice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food from Cooks of Crocus Hills looks fabulous, and it was fun to hear about your experience there when you called me on your way home :)

    I love your new template. You are always so on top of things and changing things around. Some day maybe I'll learn how to set up a blog. And who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?!?:) This old dog is going to keep trying!!!!

    Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!!

    Love You,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...