My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Monday, January 22, 2007

Guinness Glazed Halibut

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was very busy and involved dining out 3 times! Not much time to make food, but I still managed to make a Garlic-Herb bread Ryan's mom's breadmaker and some more granola for the next couple weeks. Oh yeah, and I made some Spicy Black Bean soup for lunches today. It was a crockpot recipe, so super simple to make.

Here's something we made in the recent past, Guinness Glazed Halibut from Melissa Clark (the same cook as the Buckwheat Salad recipe) and the recipe can be found here.


















This dish turned out pretty well. The fish was pretty thick, so I had a hard time judging when the middle was cooked, hence the darker color on the top of the fish. We really liked the carrots as it was a different way to cook them. We might make the carrots again, but probably not the fish.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal -

    I would love it if you would, when you have time, send me the Brooklyn Pad Thai recipe and the recipes for the Guiness glazed halibut and carrots. I can always use more glazes and carrot recipes and your Pad Thai looks fabulous.

    I remembered what nutritional yeast is. It's that stuff we bought for me to put on popcorn. Now I know that Alfredo sauce can be made using it.

    Loved seeing you last night. Didn't get to talk to you as much as I would have liked, but that's what happens when you have a big group.

    Have a Beautiful Week :)

    Love You,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. *three* times? yowzers! :)

    have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That glaze sounds delicious. I bet it would also be wonderful over baked tofu. Mmmmm! Maybe I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you drank this with Guiness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...