My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Disaster and Success

Ok, so I was excited for this recipe as it looked like it would be good with the green beans, teriyaki, mushrooms and ramen. However, even when reading through the recipe, I thought something might be missing. Too bad I didn't go with my gut on this because it was horrible!

First of all, the beans and mushrooms were on their last days, so that could have something to do with it. The main problem though was the lack of liquid - it needed a "cream of" something or some kind of sauce.
















If anyone has any similar recipes that are actually GOOD, please share!!


On the flip side, I had a recipe that I was unsure of : Cauliflower and Potato Curry. I like cauliflower and I like potatoes and I've had them together before, but I knew Ryan didn't like cauliflower.

I made the recipe anyway with sauteed onions, curry powder, cauliflower, potatoes, some water and a can of diced tomatoes. I let it simmer for quite awhile until Ryan came home from class and told him that the meal was probably not good.

We both sat down with small plates and tried our first bite...it was awesome!! Ryan even loved the cauliflower which was totally surprising. So, we packaged it up for lunches with some pitas and went to bed happy. We forgot to take a picture though, so you'll have to imagine what it looked like.

4 comments:

  1. Did you use the "Ramen" salt...I mean 'spice' packet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone else posted about this cauliflower and potato curry the other day and had the same reaction. I really want to try this the next time I pick up cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew cauliflower was irrestible in the right manner! My boyfriend also said he did not like it, but low and behold, I roasted some a while back and he was all over it. "As long as you do it like this!" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan and cauliflower . . . now, that beats them all. It amazes me what you have gotten him to eat. Way to go, Crystal!!!! Too bad I didn't know the trick of actually making vegetables taste good while raising my kids :)

    Love You -

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...